Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to notice because of how gradually hearing loss typically progresses. Even though children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you track your hearing health?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you continually turning up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing test every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations give a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, enabling you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can discover issues early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick intervention and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can sometimes signal inherent medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing exam with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.